Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Swollen Knuckle From Punching

memories of the Maahks

A logbook of the editorial

When I cycle to the masters of the island first read it, I was 13, 14 years old. I transported my bike magazine novels from one side of our village to the other. The older brother of a classmate had hundreds of PERRY RHODAN novels, and I borrowed from me, every day a new batch. With the more intriguing I found in the summer of 1977, the novels by the masters of the island.

As these stories in the form of silver volumes early 80's almost new on the market came, I read it again. This is now almost thirty years ago - and for some time I have a lot of fun here, called the Silver Edition to listen. This is the unabridged audiobook version of the silver books, read by Joseph Tratnik and edited by our partner Eins A media.

Last I heard the Silver Edition 23, entitled "The Maahks with." And even though I actually know the story, I was captivated for the duration of all twelve CDs of time. The story is in fact simply good, and it is after such a long time.

Perry Rhodan and the Terrans have the first foray into another galaxy daring, though not at the beginning completely voluntary. There they are met with the masters of the island and to help nations, including the Maahks. This in turn Wasserstoffatmer are called, so being the worlds with a different gravity and prefer a different atmosphere. Moreover, the Maahks prove cold logician who know almost no feelings.

The fascination of this audio book has been particularly so because the logic of Maahks the military logic is made of human beings. Even if there are space battles and struggles, the audio book deals mainly with a series of very human conflicts. This is especially evident from the middle, when the Terran intelligence sent a suicide squad of five men dying on the trip.

I found the strong at the first reading - and It sounds like the audio version is also very exciting. Five men are on the ground, suffering from the deadly Zentrumspest and soon die, go on their last journey. Over different transmitter stations, they even get to Andromeda - they are the first people of the earth, they begin the long journey.

course, not everything goes smoothly, there are problems without end. And at some point, that is clear, will meet the fate of the five courageous astronauts. Those who know the novels, which is based on the audio book, knows exactly how it goes, and whoever does not know the history, I would not reveal the final at this point.

The story is definitely worth reading and worth listening to - and I am sure that other readers and listeners feel, like me, The voice of Joseph Tratnik accompanied an almost through the story again and again, there are tiny musical effects by the chapter are deferred, and this creates an audio experience that has given me a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to the next audio book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment